Liven Your Space - A Resource for Healing from Mental Illness
My Blog

What I Learned from Groundhogs

There are lots of things that spring can teach us.  In my case, I learned that groundhogs climb trees. They don't just scramble up the trunk, they can actually move up to the highest branches, just like a cat or a bird and then they can crawl down as well after the danger has passed.

I learned this at a farm near Warrenton.  My friend's dogs, Sally and Mosby, found a groundhog strolling between a patch of lush green clover and his groundhog hole. There was a big chase and then the dogs began looking upward. Mr Groundhog had taken a spot above them, safe in an old oak tree with little sign of stress.

When I feel under attack, I go and sit in my rocking chair and watch General Hospital.  Unlike the groundhog, I prefer being safe by staying low and out of sight ... although  I probably miss out on some spectacular views.  But it's the "crawling down" from the tree and making the transition back to feeling ok again that can sometimes be the most difficult for me, perhaps all of us.  But, like the groundhog, I can't live off the ground either.  So I've had to learn to get on with my life one step at a time, not looking down, not contemplating the worse, and putting the source of stress out of my mind.  Sometimes it's imagining a lovely patch of spring clover that gets me finally back to earth and on my feet.

It's fun to learn these things about groundhogs.  Even better to learn to move away from life's stresses on an otherwise beautiful day.

12 Comments to What I Learned from Groundhogs:

Comments RSS
great essays on Friday, September 21, 2018 11:30 AM
This post has many meanings and the context in which I am taking it, it's very interesting. I want to share this for writing reviews by people. Good to see this one.Thanks.

assignment writing help on Saturday, October 13, 2018 12:08 AM
Get to know CCNP voice accreditation by pursue some basic step.Those who are keen on this they come here with their national character. What's more, little personality for their relative which is required before get these things by fill some page.

Assignment Help on Monday, October 29, 2018 5:06 AM
My Assignment Help Au is the best and most trusted brand in providing My Assignment Help service for college and university students around the world. Our professional writers serve the assignment material with best quality at a cheap price. You can hire our professional assignment writers for Assignment Help Australia by mailing us at - Info@Myassignmenthelpau.Com or Phone Number: +61-2-8005-8227

Dissertation Editing Services on Friday, December 28, 2018 3:37 AM
Our remarkable dissertation editors offer the best conditions and all kinds of dissertation editing services. Get this instant help at MyAssignmentHelp.

MLA Citation Generator on Friday, January 04, 2019 6:17 AM
Use free MLA citation generator tool to get appropriate citations. If searching for how to write in mla format, then contact MyAssignmentHelp for best solution

assignment help on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 4:20 AM
Being an academic writer from past 5 years providing assignment help writing services to college and university students also associated with Myassignmenthelp platform. I am dedicated in providing best online academic writing services to the college students at the affordable rates.

My Assignment Help on Monday, January 14, 2019 7:28 AM
Nice one! I would like to thanks for sharing high value and informative article with us. And I hope you'll sharing more ideas and keep writing more like this one. My Assignment Help can handle broad range of assignment tasks and all kind of projects by experts. Get Started Now!

Micro on Thursday, January 31, 2019 2:25 AM
A cloud server is a virtual server (other than a physical server) which is running in a cloud computing environment. It is made, hosted and delivered via cloud computing platform via the internet, and it can easily be accessed remotely. It can also be called as Virtual Servers. Cloud hosting has all the software they require to run and even it can function as an independent unit as well. It gives the business user stability and security because any software problems are isolated from your environment. Even other cloud servers will never have any impact on your server. If anyone else is using it more, then also it will have no impact on your server. It is also stable, fast and secure. It also provides you with faster service for your money. You will also get more resources and faster service and the prices would be more affordable than Dedicated Hosting . It gives you scalability. It is even very easy and quick to upgrade by adding more memory and disk space as well. You can also upgrade and downgrade your resources according to the requirements of your business.

Dylan on Saturday, February 02, 2019 8:16 AM
Thanks for this informative content. It’s really good. Actually, I want to share some thoughts and reviews about an assignment help Australia company and the brand name is SAMPLE ASSIGNMENT. Here, I am working as an Academic Expert. To look at our online academic assistants who provide reference assignment including Accounting, Management, Finance, IT, Economics, Computer Science, Nursing, Marketing; all Academic subjects to University Students all over the Australia or even worldwide, Here is a big online assignment help providers who help students to get HD grades according to assessment guidelines and instructions. Those who are searching for assignment help Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide etc. get a touch with Sample Assignment - the No.1 Assignment provider. Any student really wants to buy an assignment at the cheapest price goes to our branded website and has a look and opts our amazing and informative services, you can avail of our convenient online assignment help and samples available on our website for free. You can download it if you want. Are you ready to get 100 out of 100 in your university assessment? We assign the best writer according to the subject for your academic problems and provide support in assignment writing services. Our Customer Care Executives are available 24*7 hours to assist you in the best possible manner. Phone calls and emails are the best methods used by online assignment maker.

HR Assignment on Monday, February 04, 2019 7:50 AM
MyAssignmenthelp.com is one of the most preferred online academic assistance providers in the UK who guarantee a top notch HR assignment that fulfils all the criteria instructed by the professors.

Microhost on Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:10 AM
Thanks for Sharing this information.Micro Host provides you the best cloud server and data center solutions according to your need and the business requirement. There are so many solutions which we give you to resolve your business problems like Cloud Servers, Load Balancer, Cloud Firewall, Managed DNS, and Dedicated Servers.

Microhost on Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:26 AM
Thanks for sharing this information to us. The virtual private server allows the multiple servers instances on a physical host server securely where hosting will be done by divide a main physical server into different multiple virtual servers.